Blackmores Bio C Chewable 500mg Tab X 200
Vitamin C is commonly used to:
- reduce the severity and duration of colds
- assist wound healing
Features and benefits:
* Great tasting, orange flavoured chewable vitamin C supplement for the whole family.
* It is buffered with mineral ascorbates making it gentle on the stomach.
* Contains citrus bioflavonoids extract to help increase the uptake and utilisation of vitamin C in the body.
* Has no artificial sweeteners.
How it works:
Vitamin C is involved in hundreds of biological processes, the most important being in the manufacture of collagen, the major protein in the body. Collagen is a structural protein found in tissue, cartilage and tendons, and it helps to support blood vessels. Due to its structural role in collagen synthesis vitamin C is necessary for wound repair, healthy gums, and prevention of bruising and to protect against infection.
Vitamin C is water-soluble and only small amounts are stored in the body after it is absorbed from the intestine. It is an antioxidant in water, and therefore helps to neutralise potentially harmful reactions in the blood and the watery fluid inside and outside the body's cells.
Adults - Take 1 tablet twice daily with meals, or as professionally prescribed. At the early onset of symptoms the dose may be increased to 6 tablets per day.
Children (under 4 years) - Not recommended for children under 4 years
Children (from 4 years to 12 years) - Take half a tablet twice daily with meals or as professionally prescribed.
* Consult your healthcare professional before use if you have had renal calculi (kidney stones). Ascorbic acid may increase the risk of recurrence of calcium oxalate calculi.
* Always read the label. Use only as directed.
None noted in the literature at recommended dosage
Active Ingredients Per Tablet:
Ascorbic acid 200 mg
Sodium ascorbate 200 mg
Calcium ascorbate 175 mg
(equivalent to vitamin C 500mg)
Citrus bioflavonoids extract 10 mg
In kidney failure should be separated by at least 2 hours from doses of aluminium-containing preparations. Ascorbic acid may increase the absorption of aluminium.
An orange, round shaped tablet with break bar.
We Also Recommend