Bactigras 10cm X 10cm - 10 Pack
BACTIGRAS WOUND DRESSING 10CM x 10CM
Tulle gras (thin light cloth) dressings have been used for many years for the management of wounds of all types. Structurally they comprise a gauze cloth impregnated with paraffin for non-traumatic removal or antiseptics such as chlorhexidine for prevention or treatment of infection. Tulle gras dressings are not absorbent and therefore require a secondary dressing.
Antiseptic, Paraffin Gauze Dressing
Bactigras* is an antiseptic, soft paraffin dressing which soothes and protects the wound whilst helping to reduce wound infection and inflammation. It has low adherence and allows the wound to drain freely into an absorbent secondary dressing. Bactigras is suitable for covering wounds such as minor burns, lacerations, abrasions, graft sites and leg ulcers.
- Soft paraffin base.
- Sterile open-weave gauze presentation.
- Contains chlorhexidine which is an active agent against a wide range of bacteria.
- Reduces risk of infection.
- Wide range of sizes.
- Soothing and low-adherent.
- Soothes and protects the wound and allows free passage of viscous exudate
- Open-weave gauze helps maintain shape and resist fraying when dressing is cut to shape.
- Effective against a wide range of gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria, including MRSA.
- Antiseptic efficacy unaffected by serum and blood.
Contraindications / Precautions
- Should not be used on more than 10% of body area.
- Dermatitis, contact sensitivity or photosensitivity may rarely occur.
- Anaphylactic reaction to chlorhexidine has been reported, but is rare.
- Should not be used in known cases of sensitivity or allergy to chlorhexidine.
- Avoid contact with eyes, middle ear, meninges and brain.
- Do not use with oxidising wound cleaning agents, soap, other anionic materials, or potassium iodide.
- Seek medical advice immediately for all serious wounds and burns, or if redness or discomfort occurs.
We Also Recommend