Elastoplast Sport Hi-Stretch Support and Compression Bandage 7.5cm x 7m
Elastoplast Sport Hi-Stretch Support and Compression Bandage is re-usable and ideal for faster reduction of swelling following soft tissue injury.
Helps assist in faster reduction of swelling following soft tissue injury when using RICER technique.
RICER technique Bandaging Instructions. (RICER = Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation, Referral).
Size: 7.5cm x 7m
1. Wet/soak the Elastoplast Hi-Stretch bandage in cold water and apply an initial compression bandage application covering the affected area.
2. Insert the Elastoplast cold pack onto the bandaged area and directly over the injury site making sure this does not go directly onto the skin to avoid cold allergy issues.
3. Continue to finish off the compression bandaging technique incorporating the Elastoplast cold pack.
4. The patient can then elevate the limb (if Knee or Ankle) to assist in veinous return and improved/faster swelling reduction.
5. Repeat this technique every 2 hours where possible for the first 48 - 72 hours following injury. This cold compression application assists in faster recovery and swelling reduction and earlier safe return to your chosen activity.
Compression bandaging instructions:
1. Clean and dry skin, overlap bandage by a half to two thirds in a spiral bandaging technique formation.
2. When bandaging around a joint ie. knee or ankle use a figure 8 bandaging technique.
3. To assist in securing bandage at the end of the technique do not apply any stretch/pressure on the last 10cm of application.
We Also Recommend