Allevyn Non Adhesive Dressing 10cm X 10cm Single Dressing
Non-Adhesive Dressing for Moderate to Highly Exuding Wounds
Allevyn Non-Adhesive: Hydrocellular Dressings For Controlled Exudate Management
Features & Benefits
- Unique trilaminate structure
- Non adherent wound contact layer
- Highly absorbent central hydrocellular layer
- Waterproof outer film layer
- Non adhesive
- Promotes early healing
- Easy to use
- Soft and cushioning
- In-vitro studies and clinical experience both demonstrate that Allevyn non-adherent dressings can stay in place for up to seven days. This capacity results from a combination of properties:
- The perforated wound contact layer allows even viscous exudate to pass into the dressing.
- The hydrocellular core of the dressing absorbs and retains liquid in its microscopic structure.
- The breathable outer surface of the dressing allows excess moisture to evaporate away from the dressing.
- The result is the formation of a wound environment, which allows healing to progress.
- Allevyn dressings have a polyurethane wound contact layer which prevents adherence to a full range of wound types.
Promotes early healing
- The outer, pink layer used on Allevyn dressings is a breathable film layer. This allows the formation and maintenance of a moist wound healing environment at the wound surface, preventing eschar formation. The pink film is also waterproof and assists in preventing bacterial strike through.
- Allevyn dressings are non-adhesive and are therefore recommended for wounds surrounded by sensitive skin, such as venous ulcers. The lack of adhesive allows the use of the most suitable retention method.
Easy to use
- Allevyn dressings are conformable and can be cut to suit various wound shapes and locations. As Allevyn dressings absorb exudate, they may swell slightly, but do not leave debris in the wound. Dressing changes are therefore easier for the nurse and less traumatic for the patient; wound irrigation can be kept to a minimum. The progression of exudate through the dressing is visible through the pink top film.
Soft and Cushioning
- Allevyn dressings are soft and cushioning, giving excellent patient comfort and protection.
Contraindications / Precautions
- Do not use Allevyn dressings with oxidising agents such as hypochlorite solutions (e.g. Eusol) or hydrogen peroxide, as these can break down the absorbent hydrocellular component of the dressing.
- Reddening of the skin around the wound has been reported rarely following the use of Allevyn dressings. In some cases this relates to irritation of fragile skin, in others, wound exudate remaining in contact with normal skin for prolonged periods may be the cause.
- Infrequently, cases of sensitivity to the dressing have also been reported.
- If reddening or sensitisation occur, discontinue use and consult a healthcare professional.
We Also Recommend